Sunday, March 15, 2020

European Metal Festivals vs. North American Concerts

I can't even believe all the stuff happening on the internet since I don't work and just sit around doing band and music stuff all the time at home now plus I'm trapped in the house with no sports on during the COVID scare. Now there's all this stuff happening on the internet I'm seeing with all this extra time I'm having.

I even discovered a new classic unrestored western movie called "The Gatling Gun"...I haven't seen a good unrestored western movie with bad picture quality like that since the 1990's VHS version of Clint Eastwood's "Hang em High" back then the tape was so terrible you couldn't even watch it, now it's a restored classic with perfect picture.

People ask me hey Jason Mackenzie from the Death Metal band Collapse....why are concert festivals popular in Europe but aren't here in the United States and Canada.

Well the answer is simple wanna be head banger, Europe has no professional sports like MLB and the NHL so over there they have to have outside festivals for concerts.

Over here in the United States and Canada all the bands play in the MLB and NHL stadiums on their "arena tours" so outside festivals don't work over here because it is much large here than Europe and we have professional sports so all the heavy metal bands play in the sports arenas that's why festivals don't work..each band has their own separate tour over here and play in the sports arena's in front of larger audiences on separate tours, over there they have huge festivals or multiple festivals in each country for three day events and you can see every band.

People ask me what I like better, I tell them I don't like any of it because I already saw all the bands in both venues and I'm sick of going to Death Metal concerts.

However if I had to pick I would choose the European festivals because you get to see every band playing in three days in a huge outdoor party, but it's nice to see one band only playing here in an arena once in a while if you just want to go out for one night and just see one band for three hours.

Also of note, I'm seeing bands like Death and them being promoted on crowd funding webpages and videos, come off it...it's like this maaaaaan, this is the music business if bands like Death and Cryptopsy and them all want to ruin their names in music and lose their spot on in the heavy metal scene then why wouldn't other bands like Arch Enemy step in and take their spot on the big concert tours since Death and Cryptopsy and them all ruined their names and bands in the music scene and are on crowd funders now.

Are you kidding me, there's no loyalty in the music business...there's a million bands waiting to take the spot of Death and Cryptopsy and them if they all fail which tons of them did, this only make the heavy metal scene better by opening up new opportunities for new bands to come in and get a bigger spot in music. 

I'm glad they ruined their names and suck now, that only makes my band bigger and that's all I care about is that I have fans not any of them. I support bands who play around me that don't ruin their name, I'm just saying if they didn't want their fans and name recognition I'll take that for my band and support the bands who are still going.

Am I right everybody?

Yes.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment