Sunday, March 6, 2022

Update March 3, 2022

Well it took a while like five years but I got the boxes out and did all the research, on this topic.

Back in New York City in the 1980's I used to work at "street performance promotions" for break dancing and mini pops etc. on K-Tel, the big record was Starflight 1979 that launched Michael Jackson and April Wine on K-Tel in the 1980's.

Then they were signed by Warner Music and Sony Music and them to bigger contracts from the K-Tel performances.

I used to have family members that worked on that promotion which was also done at Action Park and on Radio Stations.

What I mean is people like Casey Kasem, Johnny Cash and Elvis I mean they just live there anyway, then when I got this material out it's just what this page is anyway, I mean if you're heard of K-Tel International Canada then show them this page everyone knows it's K-Tel...I didn't think I needed to say any of that.

I mean in Halifax / New York that's just what outside is anyway, like at Michael Jackson's house, then working on stuff like that for K-Tel I knew all these stars from the radio station, music and dance workshops from back in the 1980's when I used to do dancing.

People I was with, I helped them with street presentations then I used to help them get going by doing dancing from the company like for K-Tel to help with the workshops from dance class.

Then I used to do the girl and boy ballet presentations and help sell the act to street performers and musicians, then I used to show them the moves and all the clothes from dance school.

So if you heard me say "Little Michael" in the past outside I actually meant Michael Jackson.

That's because he used to be with the break dance street performers to get 80's hip hop started, then I worked for K-Tel from like the garment district in New York and Queens is where I would have been at, near the airports.

The companies like K-Tel operated out of the garment district probably the most to make clothes and sell them downtown in the Broadway Area.

Like if you don't know that about New York City, companies all run the clothes manufacturing area for textile manufacturing and clothes production, then they advertise it on all services like shopping and disco.

Then it's also manufactured for sale in New York department stores like Macy's.

That's also where all the modeling and fashion shows are at and where they are designed and the clothes are made like all around New York City's garment district.

So that's where I had to stay at, then I was showing everyone the clothes and dance moves at the music workshops and then they did street presentations for break dancing and that was also done at Action Park to help sell the the new music and fashion coming out in the 1980's.

Now I'm back to where I used to do dancing and that's what it is, but I'm just in Halifax right now, so it's harder to just "drop a hit" in New York when I'm super far away and Casey Kasem and all them passed away.

Like it's a little slower now without all them guys running it.

So this page is only talking about what's happening there like from inside looking out from living around K-Tel and them in the garment district, the busiest city area in the United States for product design and fashion shows...I mean Halifax / New York only, that's my viewpoint from this blog.

People say I'm lucky to be from all that, but I'm saying I just live there anyway and my family used to work there so they just took me down and started working from the smart class when I was a kid.

All that closed where I was at and they retired, then I went away to learn how to run an office building in New York City, that's my SAP work, then they didn't have the money to pay for the computer design so it didn't work out.

Now I get back down and everyone's like "Jason, what's in the box from the old business?" like metal people and them about Banzai Records, so I went and got it and that took five years.

It's K-Tel heavy metal, that's what I'm from...the big commercial songs that got them started in the 1980's on K-Tel when Disco released Heavy Metal.

Now I know how to run an office in New York and that's what's in the promotion material but I'm far from done yet.

So my metal pages, I got into the list and it was K-Tel....I worked there with metal to show them music theory and dance moves from the show, so I saw James Hetfield on it now and just like in High School I ran down to K-Tel and got the album list and gave it back to them and this time I got the K-Tel moves with me that they used to make Official K-Tel Iron Maiden (for this page).

That's the launch of Number Of The Beast.

So I know all that material, it's the break dancing moves and stuff for Michael Jackson from the the old street performances that K-Tel ran from the garment district that they ran in the 1970's and 1980's.

Then I used to help with the routines and sell the moves from the dance class that they used to launch metal, and then I worked with the outfits and all the food production for shows from the garment district, then I did SAP at the grocery store company but it didn't work out.

So later I'm working at Queens and the Garment District at my business near the airport, then I just go back and forth to Halifax...if I'm working like a 2 hour flight.

That's to do the set and presentations for manufacturing because there are so many people there working in that area everyone sees the products right away, today my part of that is "digital" my promotion based here in Halifax.

I mean that's a pretty old request from metal guys that I had to get all that out, so my band Collapse www.officialcollapse.com , that's K-Tel for television promotions then I bought my own label name "Great White North Records" from my first album that was on Sony RED or something on my own.

Those albums never made it to be K-Tel's, I'm allowed printing them but there are way better bigger albums to do first.

So I own this SAP server that I got stuck with in the big corporate outage with no products to sell so it's blog video release with ad space on web traffic and it's huge....mine.

However, no one is shopping right now....so I have that office setup with no money or products in it to sell, now I'm backing K-Tel reissues and new K-Tel type albums, like Iron Maiden television hits to have something to sell.

So I worked all across music in the past but when I just started this part to go back to dancing that's what the metal people were asking about so I got it out for my music page, it's K-Tel dance moves for television launches from the 1970's and 1980's and it's street booths in New York City for break dancing in the 80's, that's what all the metal people wanted me to get.

That took me five years to go through all that, plus I got all the old metal lists and stuff and that, like now I know you mean on the internet...no, K-Tel albums like original not signed Banzai releases default to K-Tel ownership if no one uses it.

I mean the other record is Starflight with Michael Jackson and April Wine, no one cares about 500 bootleg Banzai Releases, then the "official ones" are just free shared digital files like I said since 1997 on the internet on the original mp3 launch.

So if you see my page with 3000 plays on a song, those are "K-Tel plays" from the New York City Garment District...that's for Michael Jackson's promotion to watch....like my bands not out yet at the old K-Tel spot, that's what I'm talking about now.

Other bands might have more plays than me but they're not K-Tel plays.

So as soon as Metallica and them said I ran back to the old business and got the boxes out that I have and it took five years of digging and putting it together and I found all the stuff...that's what it was K-Tel music workshops and break dance street performances in the 1980's from dance school for me...that's how I know all the metal people, from demonstrating the moves and showing K-Tel products for sale.

Like on my performances I did stuff like play myself as me and my twin sister in ballet performances as two characters, that's how people like James Hetfield know me as a girl ballerina, but it's a boy's act from the garment district.

Yeah, for all you metal people today like at Slam Metal...that's what I had to run and get for Metallica and them promoting third party at the record store to help get their albums going on digital record store blog on my pages.

Edit: 

After the above I worked at CD Plus, that was Urban Sound Exchange (A&A, Records Of Wheels).

That company CD Plus closed and became Entertainment One.

Entertainment One was just bought by Hasbro to make the new Dungeons & Dragons tv show on Global.

I picked up www.urbansoundexchange.com and www.advanceddungeonsanddragons.com and Great White North Records.

Today that's like Viper / Cobra from 80's metal that was under Combat / Neat Records but now on "K-Tel Performance".

So I bought all this old press from those companies plus a controversy page Dawn Forged Cast www.dawnforgedcast.com .

Then we run old TSR Advanced Dungeons & Dragons from Record Store Blogs that are from old K-Tel, from the disco release of heavy metal.

Meaning I got some of the music promotion from Entertainment One from Urban Sound Exchange and Hasbro owns a tv station now or something, now all this press is falling back to me because I got some of Sony, Entertainment One, etc. at my promotions.

Like I picked up a bunch of promotional materials like old cd release catalogs and stuff from K-Tel and CD Plus etc, for my pages...the webpage names for digital and the old record and game promotions....that's what I'm selling.

CD Plus sold Entertainment One to Hasbro and now those companies went way bigger and I'm starting on my own, so it's mainly web traffic for old official promotions for record store blogs from the old K-Tel / record store promoting group where I was at the in 1980's.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment