Friday, January 6, 2023

RE: New D20 OGL

Hasbro has a new version of their Open Gaming License coming out for version 6...I don't even need to read it.

See....

Like this video describes something else that I am talking about.

The problem is and I get this backlash to about my original game content....not enough free fantasy dragon pictures for FREE on open source like in their game books which are mostly art anyway...that would finish their set to promote the game.

People like me have to make up for that with more expanded text format.

The point is 99% of Dungeons & Dragons is Open Source...you can also use free private content like these guys or my game Dragon Adventures.

So really it's just Ability Score column One and Dragon Dice.

I own the second column on my free content page....but you still have to say ability score to play the Dungeons & Dragons combat tables.

Then some content on Hasbro they use they mean in this video is that it belongs to outside people and is copyrighted and they can't share it.

Then you can't say "Dragon Dice".

You can say Cube Dice - 6 Sides or Octagon Dice - 8 Sides....

After that I think any court would grant permission to make your own dice and still use the same combat tables, then you don't have to pay Hasbro at all....

Then they get their money from copyrighted content they own.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment