Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Diary Update, Rob Zombie Ozzfest 2005 Tape

I'm starting to remember what was going on back then, I mean this was just before 2007 - 2008 at the Collapse / Dying Fetus concert in Halifax when it blew up...

Later....Collapse and Great White North Records kept going,me on my own I mean which was the "GWN Maritimes Section" after Montreal people left and I just went by something else in the meantime...

(Today I am resetting the label)

------

Edit: This is a long topic, the point I'm trying to make here is that Slam Metal started on Great White North Records, I own that name...all artists were released...the actual ALBUMS in the back catalog are owned by Great White North Records when it closed when were were doing Que Magazine and setting up Slam Metal.

I'm saying that the "Official Slam Metal" print for the Mall was made at the Original Great White North Records launch, then they quit and it was GWN Maritimes....they abandoned the label with the debt on it that they owed me etc. and I kept going now I am resetting the name because Slam Metal came out on Sony now. 

That's how I got the name and album catalog.

That was on "Sony Distribution Group" , I only kept the name and my band Collapse...the actual sound recordings are on the debt to me from the label closure. That's how I own the recordings...my point is if they get released by a third party later they just get picked up on some royalty collection if I'm not printing.

The bigger album on THE END RECORDS directly, was the Sony Group etc. Distributor.

BMG Rights Management bought that catalog and the bigger album was DANZIG - DETH RED SABOATH , with Prong as the backup band who are also the backup band for "The Original Misfits"with Glenn Danzig from the band Danzig.

So at Great White North Records I own the catalog list and albums if it's in court for a final resolution, right now if they were on a third party somehow that gets collected later.

I only kept Collapse and the label name / release list for promotions. 

All the albums are currently not printed except Collapse on Digital, old stock and CD's / Vinyl bootlegs.

BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT bought DANZIG- DED RED SABOATH and closed "The End Records".

------

Here's where the cut is....

The original Great White North Records was setup in the mid 1990's, I think this was through Que Magazine in Montreal (?).

Anyway they worked on promotions for that, during that period we setup a bunch of stuff including SLAM METAL, which went officially on the "entertainment company" to be sold later at retail chains like CD Plus, that's just coming out now.

When I was going away to University from working at CD Plus, AFTER I left the old business my family worked at, so when they retired I was going away to University and then I was still back down doing stuff when I could.

People used to ask me about the company to make music prints for cd releases and then they made Slam Metal and we had it put on the company, if they finished that later it would be at CD Plus and them if they did the work

I'm one of the people who knows from the company how to do that stuff so they ask me, then the new one sets it up on the current business and they keep going.

Later those are new CD categories at the mall.

Then they have to charge royalties for all so the entire Slam Metal OFFICIAL album releases are the ones the "Entertainment Company" put on the list for the "sound / music requirements"  that get sold at the mall.

Only those ones get carried on the contract...

So you need to be on the "official print" for the record store to get carried on Official Slam Metal...TODAY only Distant and Mental Cruelty have been signed to SONY.

Now look...I don't work there right now.

That all took like 20 years to put there right now, so I don't work there right now.

So when I go down to concerts and stuff the people working there know me from the old business and that I know how to make that stuff.

So when I was away and going to events I was just helping them out at the concerts...now I have to remember that list.

So what I did is I went out while I was away at school and going to concerts and then signed a bunch of new material like Slam Metal, told them how to make it and gave it to the current "official print people" they add that stuff and write it on a list, this is just an example...something like this, and then they write my name on it.

For example I was on the Slam Metal submission, the bands wanted the category made for the store with label people, then I knew how to make the print for it for the record company.

I told the current one who holds that and they put it on for the store and wrote my name on it as the submitter.

Now that stuff is coming out today.

Like 10 Million Slam Metal albums coming out and only 2 on Sony.

So I went around doing a bunch of that and I payed out of my own pocket and loaned out money to make the prints, later I might get a royalty cheque someday.

Then I continued on my own to do my band Collapse www.collapse.band and then my digital record store setup separate from all that. 

So yes, I can still do prints and stuff for the company but I have to pay and don't get anything...they just put my name on it and later if it makes money some day I might get a royalty cheque.

I'm not releasing private information here, this is just an example of whats going on.

Then now I have to make my own money, and set earlier setup prints that I might get a royalty for later.

So I went out and signed a bunch of that when I was away at University and just wrote my name on it for the new company with Slam Metal on it and that.

Then I work separate on my own now.

That's what I'm trying to say, I work on my own now...but I can still help out with the other place doing that work for future royalty payments..I don't even mid paying or loaning money to do that.

That's separate from my new business which is based on web traffic and shopping carts for sales and advertising on the internet.

Anyway.........

I did a bunch of that stuff.

Another one I was at was Rob Zombie Ozzfest 2005....

People asked me about the stuff the company had access to today AFTER the old retirement when I went away to school.

I mean, if you ask me you can use most of it now but you need permission...so this happened at the Rob Zombie concert.

I told them what was what and they were now able to find it and out it on their set when before they had no permission or something.

Apparently, they write my name on that for showing them and then I help out and tell them how the old company make the videos and then I loaned a bunch of people money helping out and they went out and made it.

So I guess they write my name on it on the new one today if I do that and maybe someday it gets a royalty cheque.

Then you get to the concert and Rob Zombie has the most expensive picture in the company's archive blown up on the stage because I told them what it was, I mean the difference today is someone can say what it is , if everyone's there together, and they can use it but before they weren't allowed at all.

Then I showed them in the crowd promotions how the old company used to edit the tape and they put a bunch of that on it.

So we all dressed up and shot a bunch of crowd scenes in different outfits that were supposed to be edited and mixed in with the full concert video and gave it to them and left.

As of today I have never seen the whole tape, so Rob Zombie and them got a bunch of stuff of mine from that, whoever own's him they have my name and people I knew that helped out on a royalty payment sheet somewhere from working in the crowd probably if the tape ever makes money.

So I just tacked all that stuff on to the new company where I don't work at now by helping them out on my own and then I might get a royalty cheque someday, then I have to make my own money separate.

So I know what's probably going on with the Ozzfest tape...

They only have two songs edited and out....

The pictures on the stage make too much money for advertisements from the old company where they retired, so that owns the video probably today.

Then editing the crowd footage we made for the video to paste in all the crowd shots for stage diving and etc. for a fake re-edited home video.

So maybe that's too expensive and they didn't get it all done yet.

HOPEFULLY that video will be finished and come out, that was at my 2005 graduation from St.Francis Xavier University at their concert for my trip, now today nobody works.

So when I went down helping out, that's what Rob Zombie bought....

Like on their new business with me consulting from the old one working on my own on the crowd.

He got to use all that and me and a few people got our names written on the royalty payment sheet if it ever makes money they claim, so I did the deal.

I mean, I did a bunch of that that but only have two examples right now Slam Metal and that Rob Zombie tape.

I'm trying to say that that Ozzfest 2005 video is probably worth more than the guy Rob Zombie himself, because he bought out of the companies archive.

So I'm pretty sure that their head office owns that now and probably took over the tape to finish it.

That's worth a lot of money there if they finish a concert / home video like that with an expensive stage and good crowd shots to be edited...not sure what they would use but that's what I put on it for out crowd video shots, like generic clips to be edited, like a big good fake one full of re-shot crowd footage.

Now back to Slam Metal...

I'm just guessing here....

If the Slam Metal albums get picked up...now they come out on Sony.

I'm pretty sure after that the Company just takes them as payment from the third party label like Rob Zombie.

Then they take the Rob Zombie Tape and the Slam Metal CD's as payment and then only they sell them to pay on the debt they racked up like with Rob Zombie and Slam Metal.

Now the bottom people don't own that now...it goes on the bigger company to pay on their debts like Rob Zombie and Slam Metal people.

After that, it's "generic"...like I do blogs and ad pages independent to sell web traffic for ads and merchandise.

That's for the record store and I have to pay to stock it and do ads etc.

Then Slam Metal and Rob Zombie tapes show up at the record store and some where at the companies head office my name was supposed to be on there somewhere from helping them...for doing consulting on how to shoot the videos etc, to make it look like the old business, like ET and them...the movie, so that's what he bought Rob Zombie like on "internal credit from the company".

That's just lay mans terms for the record business, they can do that anyway they want.

I'm familiar with that model from doing business consulting etc. 

Don't fault me in this story it's just a loose example of how a "CD contract" works at the Mall.

My total point here...

After this happens like with the Rob Zombie video and Slam Metal itself...the CD's and Tapes get taken from the artist and labels to pay on the BIGGER debt from Sony.

Then the label has to get new CD's etc to work on because the office takes them as payment...after that it's just ads for web traffic and permanent placement in the retail stores for the titles because they make money for the debts that Sony and them spent to make the tape.

Now there's only two Slam Metal CD's out at that point on Sony Distant and Mental Cruelty. 

Edit: It's also "Malevolent Creation" live DVD as well, but I think that's on the old setup when we were doing Slam Metal setup.

That's on the new one...that we made in the crowd consulting and gave to Sony and them for free.

After that they become garbage at the mall in the stale section that's always there because it makes the company money, that's where I work at.

Retail, and apparently consulting when I'm down at concerts for helping with tape setup.

Then I loaned money out and consulting advice from the old company to help people get going and then hopefully someday I'll get a royalty cheque...if that don't make money, it's still the best you can do working in the music business.

After that it's retail sales, like this Rob Zombie tape and that....

I'll have to sell copies on my page if it comes out to make money.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment