Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Art Review: Halifax Library

Halifax Library
Well it took me a while but I finally had a chance to go to the new Halifax Library on Spring Garden Road in Downtown Halifax and get a good look at it, I normally go to the Alderney Landing Library because it's at the bottom of the hill from my Apartment.

I was pretty impressed with the new Halifax library which resembles the M.C. Escher Picture below. The building is an artistic cube of sorts and multi floor with catwalks and stair cases like in the Escher drawing.

Inside the library it really feels like you're in that picture, hopefully this will become a large tourist attraction, it's really well designed and super nice inside.

You're allowed drinking coffee in there and their is a coffee shop on the main floor, plus you can watch television and they have big screen televisions set up for kids to play xbox and playstation.

There are tons of places to sit to look out the windows with couches and booths and tons of public computer terminals for free internet browsing with a two hour time limit per day on the computer.

You can sit in chairs and couches and read magazines or use your laptop for free on the upper floors and look out over Spring Garden Road through the glass windows and use you laptop or read books / magazines. 

It took me a while, but great work on this should be tourist attraction. 

Rating: 10/10 for artistic impressions and making me feel like I was in an Escher drawing.

M.C. Escher

-END-
   

No comments:

Post a Comment