Sunday, July 11, 2021

MUSIC: Why Don't You People Work At The Mall

Why don't kids have to automatically work at the Mall then you wouldn't have to tell bands this stuff...like why Mozart is famous and stuff, no one can play that today that's what their not telling you.

You come into my record store at the Mall I put your band on my list and then when my friends come in from music everyone see's your band at my store...that's not just heavy metal, most of them are probably from General Mills and them Kellogs people following me around looking at my store, that's who see's your band...everyone's parents.

That's business people and them most of them from big companies and stuff that I see that, that's where I am from and work at.

Then they all come down and look at my record store, so I bought aaandarecords.com so they can all have something to talk about when they look at my page...like back home or something, so who cares if you only do 300 copies, everyone where I live sees it and they don't even listen to metal, they're all down there looking at me.

That's what I mean, tons of people know about your band at my store but only a few people listen to it...then you're names out bigger even if you don't sell many copies - people just know about it form my store.

The Record Store maintains the Catalog List for the record store bins...since that's all closed now we're making a new catalog list at our store for the Heavy Metal Section.

Since I am making the list and store and have all my money into this I am placing my Death Metal band in the Pop Rock / Independent section of the Record Store catalog, at aandarecords.com that automatically lists the band at music companies.

Here is the trick....I am paying to put the record there as an example for the other bands to show what my label is doing....I can do that because I am building the store.

So I am moving some bands from the Heavy Metal section more towards Pop / Rock for more mainstream listings....I am just paying myself at my store to build and maintain the catalog list.

Now we are selling on the record store .com as "Record Store Blogs" with listening stations and merch carts.

Then that is our Heavy Metal catalog list...for album distribution.

So people that we work with us are building this list...that is the same as old A & A, Polygram, EMI...etc that all closed because we used to work there years ago.

There is no mall catalog for that section now -  so we are building a new list.

As long as we are open we are maintaining this catalog list, that's how record companies work.

So if you're in a metal band right now on something we promote at the Record Store Listening Booth at our webpages then you might get in the catalog list.

What is happening is right now WE are picking up the artists for our retail catalog list....our business is doing that...we're picking the artists for our catalog to promote and then selling our own stuff, later we might be carrying their products.

Like that so it's a catalog list...so things that happened this week Misery Index missed their release date they published on the internet for their album and you don't know if Aborted are releasing their toys in the catalog, other artists are already finished and out.

Those are the issues you run into when you run a catalog, I'm not bashing anyone that's just the way it is in business.

So our people are listing bands, then we're going back a few years to see what other recent releases came out that we missed....that's our catalog people doing that to build our metal section for our catalog the mainstream on, starting with this one the mainstream metal section catalog.

That's on the record store blog now.

So if your band gets picked up by us on distribution lists that's where your name listing is coming from...not from the labels but from the record store catalog list for A & A Records that we just bought for the webstore page / listening station.

That's the catalog where you'll see your band at when people pick it up for the record store, where the other bands and fans are at...like at the mall reading the metal catalog.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment