Sunday, March 20, 2022

HALIFAX: Heavy Metal Newsletter

I'm starting a metal newsletter for my retail promotion based here in Halifax, I mean...the stuffs on the blogs and all that but I mean everyone loves a condensed metal scene update of recent events.

There is no metal scene in Halifax anymore, it's in Montreal and New York City...bigger bands like Judas Priest still play.

Back in 2006 -2007 I released Collapse - Destroying By Design and we played in the scene here Halifax / Montreal / New York with Suffocation, Misery Index, Dying Fetus, Kataklysm, Cryptosy etc. from the New York / Montreal area here in Halifax.

In 2007 here in Halifax we had a huge Dying Fetus / Collapse concert and this place went nuts, that's when we all made it big...now we're on Pop / Rock. 

After that the tour which was on Sony Red or something from Relapse and Great White North Records got attacked by a bunch of nuts and my house here got robbed and all this stuff.

Now Collapse is going to be back out on tour in the future, mostly working but we'll also be playing...just me and live session members.

Then we were assaulted at the office in our regular work day, now we have all these settlements coming.

After this, Collapse was featured in LA Weekly and we won that case. 

Then I bought Great White North Records and own that on my own which was a Sony Affiliate on their old "Blabbermouth.net" promotion.

NOTICE: Forward Regression Records owns the Great White Records / Prodisk Music Catalog as repayment for the above case I mentioned, the material is currently not being printed.

Any other versions at this date we are not concerned about, bands will not be notified when we print and all other versions will be pulled from store shelves when we reissue the Great White North Records / Prodisk Music Catalog. 

Now I have continued with the original arrangement from the original Sony Distribution Deal on my record label separate from them today on my own.

I took my band off that right away and started my own promotion, a few years before that we released Mayhem and Norwegian Black Metal at the CD Plus chain, I worked there from my old K-Tel days.

CD Plus got my material for my work experience and they released Black Metal on online shopping carts and were in the first group on online music stores on the internet.

CD Plus was also Urban Sound Exchange, then they became Entertainment One and were just bought by Hasbro.

Then I picked up urbansoundexchange.com, aandarecords.com and bleeckerbobsrecords.com .

Urban Sound Exchange was specifically located here in Halifax across from CD Plus, now it is just my band Collapse.

The main metal scene Montreal was named "Heavy Metal City" by the Quebec Government because of all the attention we have.

Now I am heading back out to keep playing, entering my Lemmy from Motorhead stage blogging along side the Metallica tours etc. from the old Banzai Records / K-Tel days.

So without checking what I would expect to see is a huge metal scene coming and the continuance of the old metal tour we started back in 2006 / 2007 when we hit it big and had to restart.

I expect tons of people from the old days to be there since they know me from those days with my old promotion and they know I own the whole thing now,  we're just gonna be playing metal and doing retail...just like the old CD Plus Mayhem days or the '91 Death Metal launch...along with the old Banzai stuff. 

Now everyone since then has tons of new albums out and we're gearing up for a new tour and release schedule, follow along on my pages like Deathmetal.tv .

The main scene going is Slam Metal...that's not K-Tel music yet like the rest of us...don't expect that to last though because tons of new metal is still coming out.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment