Tuesday, March 3, 2020

REVIEW: Youtube Music Premium

Youtube Music
I got Youtube Premium, here's what I think of it.  

Youtube Music Premium is good if you want to listen to how the Record Company want's you to hear their songs, like they are supposed to be in hi def and stuff like that. Youtube Music has really good loud and crystal clear versions of all the music albums like if you want to listen to Black Sabbath, they have the official hi def, or whatever it is today, version of that.

I think Youtube is all in hi def, I'm not sure if Spotify has all that but Deezer has an option to buy a larger package with better quality songs. 

So if you want the big huge version of the record it's on Youtube Music like the official one, that's what I like about it. 

Now when you listen to my playlists from www.deathmetal.tv they are coming from a Youtube premium playlist which also works on your smart tv television, so you can listen for free but if you buy a subscription to Youtube Music my playlists now are from the paid subscription selection so the playlist sounds way better if you were on Youtube Music as a subscriber....you can also listen to my Metal, Rock and Pop Playlists on Spotify and Deezer if you're looking for super awesome music to play in a list.

Just search like in Spotify for "Jason MacKenzie" then I am under profiles and you can see my playlists...I just checked and that's not all on there, I don't know how it all works yet, maybe you have to favorite me and then you can see the list.. it's on there somewhere anyway...it's under "public playlists" on my user profile.

My complaints about YouTube Music...when you search for a band all their catalog doesn't show up in the search results, then if the list is long you have to manually search for the other album.

Then when you add your albums to your music library you can't sort them by artists or I couldn't find it, so when you add your favorite albums to your library they come with a big shiny album cover picture in hi def but then you can't sort it.

I couldn't find it anyway, like you need to be able to rearrange the list by band and alphabetize them and stuff hopefully that will work later.

What I like about streaming platforms is that it replaces the old mp3 collection, which I still like to have anyway. Now you don't need to be bothered doing all that downloading if you're just listening to music.

Which is great for me, you just turn on your laptop or pc then the webpage or windows app has all the music automatically loaded into your computer. 

So that should be a feature of windows anyway, you turn the computer on and the windows app has all the music loaded right into your pc if you are on the internet, that replaces having a big old bulky mp3 collection or a cluttered old hard drive and a bunch of burnt discs or something.

If you are the type to have a big huge music collection on your hard drive, I would recommend getting these programs because it replaces the old mp3 trading collection, which is still nice and all because you might still want your own copy of the file for offline use, which I think those programs also cover.

Like I think your can download your favorite songs for offline listening, then if you need to buy the album files then you might be able to do that right through the app...just remember though that those files are the ones the record companies want you to hear not the ones ripped by fans on file sharing so they may be better quality...or at least official quality.

-Edit-

Then on Youtube Music it's all hi def looking on the screen then you can click on the artist profile like for Motorhead or something...it would be nice if they had expanded band biographical material so you could read more about the artists on the page like from Sony or something, like it would be nice if they had official bios and press releases from record companies that you could share on your webpage like if you're doing an internet magazine or something.

The great thing is all the new albums are automatically posted on Youtube music and them the day they come out, so if you're doing an internet magazine you can share the song to your page, then it would be nice to have more official press material to read and content to share on your magazine like official biographies and stuff from the actual record company like the way they are promoting it.

-Edit-

There is a second album search on Youtube Music Premium, you can see a smaller artist album list by doing the search for the artist and clicking on the "Albums" tag  in the search results, this gives you a smaller longer more detailed list, I couldn't find that under the main search button.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment