Saturday, February 27, 2021

Spotify Web Links

I put up a bunch of Spotify album links on my pages but I don't know if that works or not, I think people are having issues with it, I mean why would a service add a share button for an album and the not let you listen to it on the url, like a YouTube video.

I don't know if that's whats happening or not, like blocking the listen for the artist on the url...like what they don't count that as a listen or not for the royalty money.

Like do they make you go to their service to hear it or what?

It's the same play, why would they add a share button and then block the artist from their music on webpages with the youtube videos, like they'd have to be watching every url that's linked back to them and then picking specific sites to block like myspace did before they closed...spying on their customers, watching the pages they share the links to and blocking certain users from certain files on their webpage like Youtube does on it's page to users.

Like only letting certain users use their open content then taking everyone elses down, or do they share the album link and it's a preview only.

I don't know what it is, it was working but people were having issues with it...maybe it's just for a preview clip or something.

Not interested in the discussion, there doesn't seem much point promoting the artists on webpages and url if they only let you listen to it as a clip, I mean the time it takes putting the page up isn't worth having the music up if it's just a sample.

I don't even care because I'm doing other stuff right now at my other page.

www.dawnforgedcast.com

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment