Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Diary Update - April 20, 2022

An odd presentation came to me recently, just something I never heard of.

To rebuild my grandmothers old house in my home town from the Train Museum for the Sampson Train the first locomotive in Canada.

That was the question, I am going to rebuild their old house?

I mean the house from the rail road train conductor and they adopted children and stuff they raised back then from the land grant days in the 1800's. 

That in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia on the Sampson Trail where I usually live when I am back in my home town, I think that's also part of the Trans Canada trail and the house was along the side of it.

Down the road when I have the money I'm probably going to do that as an additional property because I have to live away.

I mean it's my family heritage and the legacy of the Railroad in the Old West, so it would be a good property to have in a small town.

I mean it's not a bad idea and the house has only been gone thirty years or so, the original house was a large farm house with two stair cases and like seven bedrooms.

However, time made it old and they had to tear it down.

The rebuild house would just be a modern version of the original on the same property which used to be a farm area, I mean maybe they could move it back from the road a little bit or something and fix the property.

What it looks like is a big yellow house and white trim with a wrap around veranda from the 1800's, so I would make it a recreation of the same dimensions.

The guy selling me this idea said if I got "remarried" and started a new family we could all live in the same house from when I was little, then years and years later I'd probably never remember it was a different house, that they tore down the old one and made it modern for the Train Museum.

So I laughed and laughed all day with the salesman about the property and I told them I would be interested, like the thing that got me about it is the elevation of the bedrooms in the original dimensions would feel like the same weather and yard in the new house like when I was younger.

Hahahaha, like back home in the original 1800's house in my old bedroom with a brand new fixed up property on the Sampson Trail, so I told them I'm going to go for that down the road.

The same thing in Pennsylvania, my family worked there on the rail road as well in the Old West and all that and were also civil engineers and stuff and worked on city and town layouts and both places have a similar "vibe" they call it.

However, today that is the rust belt....the most run down areas of the United States and Canada.

Down the road I mean when they clean up and redevelop the rust belt in small towns because they have no population now because of changes to industry in those area I will probably go back then and fix up the old property when they re do the original community at the Sampson Trail and then I'll probably put the original house back. 

Then I can have that for my rail road books and stuff with the original house from the Sampson Train to go with that for when I am an old man and do the rail road books, today I'm still stating a store and music page etc, which I am restarting now into a new one.

I mean the guy said that if I stayed in the new house of the old one for a few decades I'd probably never remember it wasn't the original hahahahaha.

Then they would have it preserved for the train museum, so that is in fact something I would be wanting to do later but I still live away for work, then that would be helping to clean up the "rust belt" areas.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment