Monday, July 27, 2020

Internet "Domain Broker Service" Scams

Like this, let's say you have a Lamborghini sitting in your yard and it's not for sale. 

Some guy comes down to your property and asks you if the car is for sale and you say no. 

Then they ask how much would it take for you to sell it, so you say $2 Million Dollars.

The guy goes, I'll give you $1.5 million.

So you say ok, I can do that but I didn't want to sell it.

Then they try to hold you hostage in the sale, holding you in your yard sayaing they can give you the money not letting you leave the transaction.

After that they go, since you're trying to sell this car there's probably not much you can get for it.

Then they go, if you want the money list it on this website auction page and accept the bid.

On a cold call to your yard.

Then they go, when the guy gives me the money for the car I want 20% of the sale price...$280 Thousand Dollars for cold calling you in your yard out of your end of the money.

Then they go...the money will be in Escrow for international business transactions, when the buyer writes you transfer the deed to the car to them.

After that I will hold the $1.5 million dollars in my Escrow account for twenty days and then I will transfer you the money for 20%, like $280 thousand dollars.

Hahaha, are you joking.

First, don't you think you're getting up to a little high of a value like $5000 dollars for a high value domain name to be selling on ebay on a cold call.

Like it's not a $20 compact disc here, it's $5000 dollars.

Then they want 20% USD for completing the transaction through Escrow International Transactions for asking if it's for sale.

I mean come off it.

If I have a web site domain name and someone cold calls me with an offer to buy it for over $5000 that's all my money.

If someone offers me money for my page I get the whole amount $5000 dollars.

The "broker" he gets his commission from the bidder not me.

Answering a cold call on a domain you own does not mean you are hiring a domain broker which is what they are saying at godaddy.com .

Whoever hired the broker they have to pay the transaction fees not the seller.

Not only that what are they talking about anyway.

$5000 dollars?

If I own a domain name and sell it for five grand I want a certified cheque or instant bank transfer to my bank account today.

I'm not waiting a month and giving them a thousand dollars US for asking me on a cold call, that is a scam.

Like this, hey I see you got the old Challenger out in the barn there, just throw the car up on ebay and send me the vin numbers for 20% when it's not even for sale for asking.

What are they talking about? Auctions and Escrow for asking if your property for sale...with 20% commissions for asking.

It's not even for sale.

Like you're getting out of your league there aren't you godaddy.com?

$5000 for a domain name?

To accept that offer I wanted a certified cheque today or instant bank transfer directly to my bank account today with a lawyer to approve the deal and the whole $5000 dollars.

Then I would transfer the name to them.

I'm not giving the person asking anything, only the buyer.

Like shouldn't that be a direct sale like a car deed or a house deed?

We're talking five thousand dollars US here, they just want it floating around like selling old cds on ebay or something in paypal.

No, no, no...you need to get a certified transaction for an amount that big through a lawyer at the bank to put that through like a car at the DMV, where you get the owner slip or deed as soon as you pay and the seller receives an instant bank transfer.

Then they wanted 20% for asking with no lawyers or DMV service and you have to wait for a month to get the money after you transfer the name / deed for the page.

You're a total scam, they have that right on their page at godaddy.com and on Youtube.com with thir sales marketing videos under domain broker services.

I don't think so.

Don't fall for that one.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment