Friday, July 31, 2020

NOVA SCOTIA: State Of Emergency Update

Things to know in Nova Scotia (Atlantic Canada) Summer 2020.

WEATHER: Heat Wave In Effect - Heat approaching 50 degrees celius humidity index.

Not much going on right now, here are just some quick blog notes.

It must be pretty bad in British Columbia because they gave out three extra welfare cheques this Summer $900 they said on the news. 

Out here in Nova Scotia it is super dry and we are having a massive heat wave and we got no extra money from the Provincial Government.

Like we're talking it's so hot here in Halifax we have triple laundry bills and have to change your clothes three times a day you're sweating so bad, that's a lot on your power bill if you're using a dryer.

I recommend setting up a clothes line and using the heat wave to dry your clothes or hand washing to avoid your extra washer / dryer power bills, fortunately most of our clothes are expensive so they are hand wash anyway. 

Don't leave those sweaty clothes in your hamper they will decompose in one minute and the bugs coming in from the ground sinking will use that to make a bug nest.

So try to keep the bugs out of your house during the heat and keep your clothes and laundry clean.

I don't know what anyone else would be doing right now but we're all trapped inside sweating to death trying to keep the laundry down and the place clean.

All this heat and covid is creating extra mess, so you'll need lots of soap, shampoo, floor cleaner, bleach etc to keep your place clean from the extra dirt from the heat wave and people tracking filth around. 

Besides the covid rules you could wash three times a day in the shower to stay cool and keep the mess out which means extra soap, that will keep all the filth and viruses out of your house.

Those are huge extra bills like air conditioning which takes up too much power along with the washer / dryer.

There's no luxuries out in Nova Scotia right now people...just dry heat and bugs.

I live right by the Mic Mall Mall in Halifax / Dartmouth and the place is vacant and stores like Winners have almost no inventory and La Senza closed and left.

Don't even bother going I would recommend unless you need something, the place is barely open.

Here is the important thing, Nova Scotia (Atlantic Canada) our Capital is here in Halifax...we are on a separate independent rules set out here...don't follow BC, Alberta or Ottawa...they are all talking about something different than out here in Nova Scotia and none of that applies...mostly I mean.  

Nova Scotia has no media coverage during the virus and state of emergency.

None of our stuff for our situation is represented on the news.

I know a lot of people in Atlantic Canada live out on the farm areas...I recommend staying there and planting some crops, you're not missing anything here in Halifax because it is all shut down but services are still open. 

So if you don't know what's going on here in Atlantic Canada when you need something just go down to the store and then the people working there will tell you what the rules are today for the State of Emergency by laws, because they are not on the news.

The main thing is the mask and social distancing. 

Nobody I know has any money for luxuries right now like partying and pay per view and stuff, we had to all get cleaning supplies and food and stuff for the Summer.  

Then I am still blogging and doing music stuff when something's going on, expect maybe one or two music updates a month right now for heavy metal. That's all that's happening.

This week was the hottest week I can remember since 1986 around here.

So don't worry about the by law changes because they are not covered properly on the news, when you go to the store they will tell you what the law is for today.

Now it's face masks, you can't go shopping now or to public indoor spaces without a face mask.

I think the health department is enforcing this at the store front level, so when you go there they will tell you what the law is.

Don't worry if you have no money for a mask because they are giving them away at the stores from the health department. 

So if they made a mask mandatory they are giving them out for free from the Hospital.

On the news they are saying schools are reopening in September in one month but I doubt that will happen here in Halifax on time or at all for September. 

I live right by the Nova Scotia Community College on Woodlawn and I can't see them having that ready to go in four weeks because the area is vacant.

As far as transit goes I'm not using anything where a mask is mandatory like the bus unless I have to, I don't even think people are following the bylaw to wear a mask on the bus.

Since they started charging for the transit and made masks mandatory everywhere I would use the bus if I have to, but I would rather just stay in my area and walk and use the mask for shopping.

It's way too hot to be wearing a mask around on the bus all day just for the sake of being out, I'd rather just walk to have fresh air and use local services in my neighborhood, aka City Block Area, and wear a mask if I have to for shopping. 

For me I'm just staying home and making sure all my house stuff is taken care of to keep the extra laundry and power bill stuff down and making sure I have proper food and cleaning supplies for the heat wave and then social distancing.

I'm still on the internet though, so I'll be blogging and stuff if anything is happening that I see outside here in Halifax.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment