Wednesday, July 12, 2023

HALIFAX: RE: Current Economic / Political Conditions

You can see on the tape it's pretty bad here in Canada, but I mean you gotta point blame to where it belongs.

Then you have to consider outside factors...

In my age group outside of age 27 - 42 I have moved on into my "older period" now I mean I'm not affected by a lot of the issues those people have.

It's not my first job or marriage, I did all that years ago.

I mean I don't have the extra costs of that age group of trying to start a family or buy a house, plus my education is already established.

In my bracket you can't buy a house, you have to rent or something....

I mean one person renting a city apartment in a decent area is a similar price to having a house in the county with five people in it.

In my age group and education level this helps me to cope with these issues by being able to resolve them by myself with my education, meaning I don't have to rely on a spouse or family to help.

Then I don't have issues like gas money for work, child care, car repairs, furnace, hot water tank and roof repairs.

Children's school clothes, books etc., birthday parties....trips to Tim Horton's and McDonalds for the kids.

You take all that out and then add in the educational value to someone in an older age group and you can see how they are less affected by this.

Now they said over half of Canadians are almost $200 short a month, then the other are just consider cutting costs now to save money.

Obviously, we're in over our heads and everything is messed up right now.

Now you get people being racist to store's like "Sobeys" for having small packaging that poor people buy at their stores because they say they can go in without getting embarrassed.

Now you get this rash of thefts at the self serve checkouts.

Smelling like urine and not washing and stuff, trying to connect themselves to some court controversy at the store, then shamelessly promoting small bottles of coffee with white and red cheap packaging in the poor parts of town saying they are from the grocery store.

Pathetic.

Now we on top of the worst storm to ever hit Canada and then broken communications lines causing static on power plugs, we just got hit with this huge internet outage earlier this week.

The internet company had experienced the same issues I talk about on here and similar to what happened at archive.org with that outage.

Then the internet company had to apologize to the town for the internet outage during this current part of the crisis.

They were extremely upset about the outage, revealing information about scams bothering the internet company when they had to wait all day to get customer's service restored.

Now food is up for the affected age bracket 27 - 42 like $240 a week...

That's all them work lunches etc., and all that daycare and school stuff.

My point is, if you're in an older age group in Canada you're looking better off the more single you are.

People just graduating and starting work and families are hit the worst they said, I guess they're going to have to find a new career path...and even for older single people there's still no decent housing options.

So when you see all that, just remember Canada just got hit with this cyclone last fall and now stuff is down.

Prices are high and services are out or not fully operational.

In a time like this all you can do is the best with what you have, so you never know what is going to happen.

If prices go up and services go down then you're on your own to figure it out.

Until later when everything is fixed.

Younger people with families are going to have to give things up from their houses if they don't have the money, prices are too high with lack of services.

Then older people are less affected because they are mostly single, I mean no kids or outside responsibilities, or retired.

My point is no one knows where all this is coming from, so it's probably too soon because of the cyclone and terrible weather conditions. 

Then we all have to wait until it gets fixed and cope individually.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment