Sunday, July 9, 2023

RE: Old Metal Albums & Heavy Metal Albums

You really can't say metal bands today are the same ones that were on the originals in the 1970's and 1980's, I mean it's a totally different music production company.

All the albums have the same sound and song format etc., that is lost on all records since the 1990's.

Not that they can't do that, I mean like '70's metal no one is doing '80's metal like Voivod as real bands or cover songs.

So you can't get the sound if there's no market, when I say there is no content on the internet I mean issues like that band's catalog may have been out but never made it to internet print.

Now there could be tons of new music at record companies of old artists that never came out as a huge album, so you don't know what's going to come out...I know I played in tons of stuff back then so you never know what will be released.

Now my metal band Collapse I have four hours of music almost finished but it had to go to the back catalog and released later because I'm busy doing things like music store pages...when that comes out it's still a new album from a few years ago that just never made it on to the internet yet.

Like, because of these backlogs and stuff.

So now on my music pages I updated them to cover all the back catalog plus new songs so we can promote old albums that never came out big etc., then many of the old songs are popular cover songs.

Now I keep a classic metal song playlist on my music pages that are a popular cover song list, people new to heavy metal might not know the songs so that's one of the things I play on my record store blog pages.

New metal songs are not really the same category to me of the same artists because the originals are different prouctions.

So I'm releasing my albums on that section in the back catalog, so I mean something I might do in Collapse is record tons of cover songs from the playlist page from my record store blogs just to have at my studio.

Then I could release these as cover songs with my old material in the back section of the store, but I am streaming my classic metal songs playlist, I mean it covers like 10,000 albums from the metal section at the record store versions, from that list fans might hear new songs to them.

If a song gets out it could get millions of plays and then become a popular cover song, so it's good to have them recorded.

This will get extra press to my band Collapse if I put them out on digital...cover songs from my metal playlist, then I know how to play actual songs like original Voivod...that other bands aren't playing...then mine would do better in the cover song section for actual heavy metal fans.

This still forces me to put my music out back dated as old songs, like many music catalogs, but are still brand new to fans, as soon as it comes out it get's mixed in with the old songs.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment