Monday, September 5, 2022

How My D20 Game DRAGON ADVENTURES Owns Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Code

Here is the specific example, and one of the hardest parts in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, that my game DRAGON ADVENTURES owns Original Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Playable Material. 

This was discovered in my D20 Beta Test for my own RPG game when building the abandoned system to run on D20 for my core rule set for DRAGON ADVENTURES.

My formulas mean I own official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on DRAGON ADVENTURES, that mean DRAGON ADVENTURES is Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on D20 with an original configuration game formula by me.

For Ability Scores 1 - 18 on original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons give you spell book one:

 


On the left is Character Level.

Now...

When I put my formula back in to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on D20 and Created the second Ability Score Column with numbers 19 - 25 it creates a duplicate spell list on the same chart for Ability Score Intelligence over 18..


What that means is if I add the same chart back in duplicates and open it for spell level 10 - 18 this creates a second spell book in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Like this:

Spell Book 1: Intelligence Up To 18        Spell Book 2: Intelligence Over 18

MEANS - SPELL LEVEL 1- 9                 MEANS - SPELL LEVEL 10 - 18

Original                                                      Dragon Adventures Unearthed Arcana Addition

EXAMPLE:

Character Level 1 has Slot 1                 &  Slot 10 from chart 2, my duplicate with new slot numbers.

That is OFFICIAL ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game play I developed and own on a closed abandoned system.

What that means is for the second Spell Book , those spells have never been picked or developed for this version...the one I developed.

It is an exact duplicate of Original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for Ability Scores 19 - 25 using the "Second Ability Score Column" method that I invented.

That mean the above play is OFFICIAL ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS on DRAGON ADVENTURES and I own all the higher level material.

For example the spell book format passes the game as Official Rules Formula that I developed which means I own all spells it creates in spell book too.

ALL SPELLS for regular game play for scores over 18 plus Unearthed Arcana Levels in the game rule books it creates on D20.

That for all features of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons MIRRORED to the higher levels for the add ons.

Any addons that I write for Dragon Adventures are all now official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Like that, that's how it works on D20...I own original official game play code for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on D20, for my game DRAGON ADVENTURES.

My other example is this...

Let's say the video game Pac Man from the 1980's was sold or became open source...

A game developer like me noticed in the code that they had extra slots not used for game functions not in the game Pac Mac.

Original code was written and it "extended the pac man screen" so it created an extra box that pac man falls into for a mini level during the game.

The patch went in and launched a new official level on the original game that passed the game code criteria that is was official pac man never used on the original.

The game developer would own the code to write brand new official pac man on the system by developing a patch on the original code that made the update.

Any new video games he developed off the code and his update would be know as official pac man with different characters on the game.

That is what I got on Advanced Dungeons & Dragons playing D20.

My custom game code went it and created a patch which opened the second spell book functions in the original game not used, but fit my model.

This created the new sections of the game....the entire original game for new adventures from ability scores 19 - 25 opened up as well as the Unearthed Arcana levels.

This mean new official slots opened up on the game with the locations and value list for the spells to be named in the second books...

Now that's all reserved on my game I own DRAGON ADVENTURES because it owns the patch that updated Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

So...

Now my D20 Beta Game, DRAGON ADVENTURES which I started out RUNNING Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for it's code....

I NO LONGER have to for one example because I own original code now for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, like in the pac man video game example, meaning the game core rules I wrote for DRAGONS ADVENTURES I own them now already as MY VERSION of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

So when I say now...DRAGON ADVENTURES - runs on Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

What I mean is I OWN, code for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons never invented by the original game.

Now I mean DRAGON ADVENTURES BETA RPG on D20 runs it's own ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS code that it owns.

What I mean is any original game code I write on DRAGON ADVENTURES is OFFICIAL ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS.

Then on D20 we share the Ability Scores format for the rules for it to be D20, then I own the second Ability Score column on D20 for my rules submission.

So DRAGONS ADVENTURES on D20 runs on ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS to be on the format and owns it's own original game code from the above game patch.

My point is my D20 RPG BETA "DRAGON ADVENTURES" runs ORIGINAL OFFICIAL ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game code that I own and all derivative books, like the spots for weapons and equipment list expansions etc, on the game table I already own the positions for the number values on my patch - now any names and things I add to the original book are considered Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on DRAGON ADVENTURES.

All based on my RPG game code that wrote for the abandoned Advanced Dungeons & Dragons model like in the Pac Man video game example.

Anything I write after releasing the patch, which I put the rules available on D20, is OFFICIAL ORIGINAL ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS written on my D20 Beta Game System DRAGON ADVENTURES.

www.advanceddungeonsanddragons.com/dragonadventures

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment