Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I Missed Groundhog's Day

I Missed Groundhogs Day
This happens to me all the time, if I'm not right at the elementary school events or something I miss Groundhog's Day, right to the point he saw his shadow where I live so six more weeks of winter, not only that it has been storming since Groundhog's Day in Canada.

I though Groundhog's Day was after Valentines Day, remember Valentines Day is the last real holiday event no more good stuff until Labor Day and Thanksgiving, you get a couple days from July 1st to July 4th and that's it.

For the next several months it's back to the regular work season, thankfully Summer is coming.

Now back to the Groundhog, Groundhogs Day the movie starring Bill Murray is one of my favorite movies, this is probably the real Groundhogs Day at www.groundhog.org at Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania home of Punxsutawney Phil which is the official groundhog. 

In Nova Scotia we have Shubenacadie Sam which is what a half hour drive or something outside Halifax at the popular Wildlife Park there I am assuming, I checked the news and he did see his shadow, now it's been storming ever since.


Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring for Pennsylvania and Shubenacadie Sam predicted a longer Winter for Nova Scotia.

The deal with the the actual groundhog seeing it's shadow or not to predict an early spring or longer winter is probably related to it's winter hibernation cycle, I'm not sure if they actually hibernate or not but they would be less active

The groundhog will know if it come's out that day if it's going to continue to hibernate or not, so it knows because if it see's it's shadow it goes back to bed for six weeks because of a longer winter.

-END- 

No comments:

Post a Comment