Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Thoughts On The Grocery Store Sobeys

I live in Halifax now, well it's all Halifax....like Halifax, Cole Harbour, Dartmouth, that's all Halifax but they have different postal codes and stuff.

I grew up in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia about 130 miles North East of here by the Ferry Terminal to Prince Edward Island, like in a beach and cottage area will a small population but tons of tourists.

Was I was in Junior and Senior High School in New Glasgow the Sobeys main store was the Westside Sobeys by the main down town area, that's where I lived most of my life then.

Then Sobey's CEO lived right by the store and was my neighbor when I worked there, that is the main Sobeys store from the founding of their business.

Baker Drive in Halifax is the West Side New Glasgow Sobeys down here.

Like it even looks like it now, they put their store parking lot in an old park that they ploughed on the school walking route, then they let all the kids on their way to junior and senior high school walk through their parking lot on their way back and forth to school.

I walked that route for years when I was living there and going to school, then when I graduated University the staff that used to work in the West Side Sobeys assaulted me when we worked in the office together later.

Do you think they did all that on purpose?

Now that's what Baker Drive looks like, all run down and people walking through it all the time like in New Glasgow.

-END-

No comments:

Post a Comment